Summer is finally here, bringing long days of sun and fun. However, it’s important to remember that the summer heat can also add a lot of stress to our bodies and deprive us of the important vitamins and minerals we need to function at our full potential. Keep your body healthy with the below supplements and enjoy the season while it lasts!
- If you suffer from outdoor allergies, it might be a good idea to take vitamin D, as it’s known to contain anti-inflammatory properties.
- Increase your vitamin E levels to protect your skin from sun damage and possibly help you get rid of any impurities you are exposed to through heavy sweating.
- Make sure you’re getting plenty of vitamin C, as studies have shown it has helped prevent heat-related issues, such as heat stroke and rash. With its natural antioxidants and antihistamine properties, it may also protect your skin from sun damage and relieve allergy symptoms.
- Studies show that vitamin A may help to prevent the risk of skin cancer. It also fights the fine lines and hyperpigmentation that comes with excessive sun exposure.
- If you’re spending a lot of time near the grill, consider taking an L-carnosine supplement. High temperature cooking might release chemicals called advanced glycation end products (AGEs), which may lead to premature wrinkles, heart disease and Alzheimer’s.
- The nutrient lycopene might help your skin from the inside out with its production of procollagen, which protects from the sun damage that may lead to skin cancer.
- If the heat is leaving you feeling drained, try reishi mushroom extract. It may assist in boosting insulin levels and might neutralize the chemicals that leave you tired.